Our vision and purpose have helped us to deliver one of the largest regeneration projects ever undertaken in Europe. Over the past 30 years, we have created a vibrant, healthy district where people, biodiversity, and the economy can flourish. We’ve monitored our progress carefully, and we report on it annually in a transparent and honest manner. The escalating climate and ecological crises mean that this reporting is more important than ever. Our comprehensive strategies for Climate Action, Beyond Zero Waste, Wellbeing, and Responsible Business include specific, measurable targets that will help us to deliver on our long-term commitments: becoming carbon net zero, delivering biodiversity net gain, and creating a world-leading circular economy.
The information in this report, published in July 2020, covers the period from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019 unless otherwise stated.
The baseline for all our environmental performance data is 2012. To view earlier performance data, please refer to our 2012 Sustainability Report.
Sustainability performance data is collected from across the Group’s operations. This report aims to account for 100% of the data from the following entities:
– Canary Wharf Limited (CWL)
– Canary Wharf Contractors Limited (CWCL)
– Canary Wharf Management Limited (CWML)
Canary Wharf Management Limited data incorporates Canary Wharf Limited data, which includes buildings, retail and infrastructure.
– Office buildings data covers five managed buildings and Canary Wharf Group’s administrative areas – 100% of the managed buildings portfolio.
– Retail data includes five retail malls – 100% of our retail portfolio.
– Infrastructure and car parks data covers 100% of those areas.
Canary Wharf Contractors Limited data includes construction, demolition and excavation projects.